Richard and Luis live in Peru – educational ‘big book’
Kathryn had previously produced for Christian Aid two other big books for schools which have proved popular. Big books support cross-curricular teaching in primary schools, linking in to the geography and citizenship (PSHE) curriculum as well as RE. They are also a key resource to support the literacy work that is done regularly in primary schools through shared reading time.
Aim and nature of project:
- To give an insight into the lives of two brothers, Richard and Luis and their family
- To encourage children in the UK to think about their place in the world and to make comparisons with Richard and Luis’s lives.
- To provide a resource to facilitate the teaching of themes such as community, relationships, global concerns (access to water etc), multi-cultural and multi-faith
- To increase awareness of Christian Aid’s work and encourage positive support among teachers and children
- To increase awareness and uptake of other educational resources.